Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Shop heating

My insurance doesn't allow heat exchangers on wood stoves, not that I
need one. When the stove is properly adjusted the magnetic stack
thermometer reads in the lower end of the recommended range, and
little or usually no smoke exits the chimney.
http://www.condar.com/mag_meters_dir...oodstoves.html

jsw

Ya, I've heard of that. They worry abot idiots burning green wood. The
system you have is fine with a low fire. For my shop, I start a raging
inferno in there, maybe 400,000 BTU to heat quickly. I'd lose half my
efficiency with just a plain box. My goal is to bring it from below
freezing to shirt sleeve while I eat my supper.

In short burning wood isn't for idiots. Know your equipment to get the
most out of it. And just like anything top quality well designed
equipment produces more.

Karl