Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Shop heating

"Steve B" on Wed, 21 Mar 2012 18:58:05 -0700 typed
I know I'm a little late ........ for this year, but .........

I really have a good supply of juniper wood. Burns really hot. I want to
set up a heat stove or two in my shop for next winter. How many here use
wood heat for shop use?

I got out the Coleman Buddy stove the other day, and fired it up. Really
warmed the place up, but I started feeling weird. I don't have a digital CO
monitor, so don't know how much CO it was giving off. I still really don't
want to spend a lot of $$$ on propane when I have free wood.

Get the CO monitor anyway.

I would like to make a system that pulls outside air for combustion, and
just heats the room without using room air to run the stove.

Look into "Thermal Mass" stoves. Basically, your firebox heats
rocks (or bricks), the air traveling over/through the bricks heats
you. "The Sunstone Superstove" is a good book on DIY, and a step by
step means of making one. It is A Project.
--
pyotr
you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the