Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Barker[_6_] Steve Barker[_6_] is offline

Default Way OT But why we are in the mess we are in.

On 3/23/2012 9:18 PM, Bill wrote:
Steve Barker wrote:
On 3/23/2012 8:54 PM, Han wrote:
Steve wrote in
:

On 3/23/2012 9:59 AM, Leon wrote:
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...video-wife-stu
mped-mph-math-115935562--abc-news.html

i saw that the other day and we can only hope that the whole thing was
staged. I really can't imagine ANYone so stupid.

It isn't a math problem. It's an English problem. I think a staged
problem as well. Nevertheless, it is a pitiful example of what humans
can
do to other humans, on many levels.

i don't see how it's an english problem. What's pitiful, is that she was
too busy ****ing around in the bathroom with her makeup and cell phone
to pay attention in math class. (if it's for real).

One problem in this case is, I think, that "MPH" is not adertised as a
"rate". As demonstrated, if you don't have some interest in such things,
you could miss it. I still remember when it clicked for me that MPH was
a rate. Why do they teach students that triangles have 3 sides? If
teachers are going to do that they should just call them trisides. It
seems everyone wants to make it difficult on the student!

but the boy said several times "MILES PER HOUR". it has nothing to do
with rate. She's just stupid.

--
Steve Barker