Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Way OT But why we are in the mess we are in.

Steve Barker wrote:
On 3/23/2012 8:54 PM, Han wrote:
Steve wrote in
:

On 3/23/2012 9:59 AM, Leon wrote:
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...video-wife-stu
mped-mph-math-115935562--abc-news.html

i saw that the other day and we can only hope that the whole thing was
staged. I really can't imagine ANYone so stupid.

It isn't a math problem. It's an English problem. I think a staged
problem as well. Nevertheless, it is a pitiful example of what humans can
do to other humans, on many levels.

i don't see how it's an english problem. What's pitiful, is that she was
too busy ****ing around in the bathroom with her makeup and cell phone
to pay attention in math class. (if it's for real).

One problem in this case is, I think, that "MPH" is not adertised as a
"rate". As demonstrated, if you don't have some interest in such
things, you could miss it. I still remember when it clicked for me that
MPH was a rate. Why do they teach students that triangles have 3
sides? If teachers are going to do that they should just call them
trisides. It seems everyone wants to make it difficult on the student!