Posted to rec.woodworking
Max[_5_] Max[_5_] is offline

Default The new Delta?

On 3/23/2012 10:54 AM, RonB wrote:
On Mar 22, 5:12 pm, wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Questions have been posed by the previous input:
1. Is a Grizzly (foreign made) better than a Powermatic or Unisaw?
2. What features do others consider most important? (never mind the fence,
it can be purchased separately if necessary)
I don't dismiss anyone's suggestions.

Max

I'll frame this it the time frame when I bought my Grizzly G1023S:

At the end of the day, folks who try to rank Grizzly in a category
with Harbor Freight are uninformed. No comparison. And no, I am not
a Grizzly-only shop. My cabinet saw and planer are sitting among
Powermatic, Jet, Delta and other machine tools. The Grizzly machines
are in the same class as all of them.

So There! :O)

RonB

After seeing several recommendations by those with Grizzly experience I
would agree that they deserve consideration.
I looked at the 690. It seems to be a worthy candidate but I noticed
that it didn't have a "blade shroud"; a feature that several other
manufacturers have adopted. Since dust control is a major item on my
"want" list I hesitate on buying a Grizzly.
Your input is greatly appreciated.

Max