Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] russellseaton1@yahoo.com is offline

Default The new Delta?

On Mar 23, 9:50*am, Pat Barber wrote:
Remember, the Unisaw was designed in 1938. Do you have anything you
own that was designed and built in 1939 and still works ?

We have a few corn shellers around the farm that were likely made/
designed in the 1930s or before. They are rusted and dented but still
work the same as the day they were made many decades ago. Put an ear
of corn in the chute and the cob and kernels will come out the lower
end when you turn the crank and get the flywheel turning. I'd say the
complication of the design and manufacturing is comparable between a
manual corn sheller and a Unisaw.