Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default cat deterrents (DIY)

dennis@home wrote:

"Nightjar" wrote in message
On 23/03/2012 08:14, dennis@home wrote:
Well I do hope the courts act.
If they are stupid enough to set the precedent then it will have to
apply to cats triggering allergenic reactions in some people which
means
all cat owners are keeping dangerous vermin and can be done and I can
get them exterminated with a bit of luck/effort.

It is not the cats' fault if, as a very young child, you were not
exposed to enough infections to get your immune system working properly.

Its not my fault if a cat comes into my garden and eats plants that kill
it.
Its not my fault if it comes in and gets anti-climb paint on it on the
way out.

Actually it IS.

That's the stupidity of the law in many areas.

If some person comes into your garden and drowns in your pool or cuts
themselves on your razor wire fence IS your fault,.

That is the same myth as clearing snow is wrong.
You only have to take reasonable precautions, having a fence with a locked
gate is enough.