Posted to uk.d-i-y
larkim larkim is offline

Default cat deterrents (DIY)

On Friday, 23 March 2012 10:23:17 UTC, Tim Watts wrote:
Stephen wrote:

Hello,

There seems to have been an increase in the local cat population. At
first I tried to adopt a live and let live attitude but now cats are
sitting on my car, scratching at the fence panels, and going to the
toilet. Things have got so bad that I have dug up a couple of
flowerbeds and replaced them with gravel.

I have a toddler and I know dog mess contains germs that can cause
blindness,

It's actually a tiny worm that eats your retina IIRC and the problem is
called toxacariasis (sp??)

Isn't it particularly the toxoplasmosis risk to the foetus of a pregnant woman that's the largest risk. That was certainly what my wife told me to excuse her from clearing up **** from the local pest (cat) population.

Simple for me - pets should be banned, the only animals people should be allowed to keep are ones which provide food or perform an industrial service.

Matt