Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do thermal fuses fail from old age?

When I find myself needing insullated crimp. I take one of these,
http://i00.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/228...g_terminal.jpg
and cut the big loop off with diags, and use the small crimp ring
for my application.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"jeff_wisnia" wrote in message

The one I replaced is about the size of a 1/2 watt carbon resistor and
looks like this:

http://parts.digikey.com/1/parts/726...df-df141s.html

The way the original was installed The fuse's leads were left about an
inch long and the flexible insulated wires connecting to them were
fastened with little uninsulated metal crimps. I didn't have any of
those crimps so I just clamped a heat sink to the fuse's lead wire and
quickly soldered the flexible wire to the fuse lead with an 1/8 inch
long lap joint.

(Probably more than you needed to know, eh?)

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)