Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default The new Delta?

Max wrote:

Questions have been posed by the previous input:
1. Is a Grizzly (foreign made) better than a Powermatic or Unisaw?
2. What features do others consider most important? (never mind the
fence, it can be purchased separately if necessary)
I don't dismiss anyone's suggestions.

Max

I have been pondering your question since before you posted it. Here's
an aspect you may not have considered: When you say "Is it better?", do
you include quality control issues? Grizzly appears to rank 3rd in that
category among it and Powermatic and Delta. I could be totally wrong.
That is just my perception. Also, with Delta and Powermatic, you get
the impression that parts will always be available--I'm not
as confident regarding that with Grizzly (do they even sell parts?) I
think these factors are part of a "better" saw. I'm looking forward to
following the discussion.

Bill