Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stanley Schaefer Stanley Schaefer is offline

Default Help with Cosmoline

On Mar 22, 5:07*am, " wrote:
On Mar 21, 2:02*am, "Stormin Mormon"

wrote:
Source, I'd try Ebay or Amazon.

Information. The gentlemen on rec crafts metalworking will know this kind of
thing.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

"Jack Boot" wrote in message

I'm looking for a place to buy a small amount of Cosmoline. I need about
two or three tablespoonfuls of a very thick, sticky grade, not the spray
form used as a rust protectant.

Anyone know where I can find?

Jack Boot

Would LPS-3 work?http://www.lpslabs.com/product_pg/co...n_pg/LPS3.html
Karl- Hide quoted text -

I get the impression the O.P. wants it for something other than rust
protection, he never answered my query as to what he wanted it for,
though. Maybe he's got a "cosmo" tin from a squad 1911 cleaning kit
that needs filling for display or something. As far as the original
use of cosmoline, LPS-3 is about as close as you're going to get to a
spray-on substitute, I use it for long term outside storage. Not as
cheap as the original, though. Not as nasty to get off, either.

Stan