Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Salt as Root Control in Toilet?

On Mar 22, 4:13*am, bob haller wrote:
On Mar 22, 3:50*am, jeoff wrote:

On Mar 22, 12:43*am, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" atlas-

wrote:
In article , Oren
wrote:

On Wed, 21 Mar 2012 11:45:31 -0400, "
wrote:

On 2012-03-21, wrote:

have one of those Republican 5-gal flush toilets, too!

....as opposed to those lo-flow turders that require 6 flushings to
get the one ornery floater down and spray the entire bathroom or yer
ass with aids water?

Right. *As opposed to those commie Democrappers.

**** or get off the pot.

He is the pot

use cupper sulphat , that stop roots without killing plants

copper sulphate is expensive as sold to kill roots and can kill a
tree.

rock salt is cheap, and very effective if used correctly

mix rock salt with HOT WATER, be generous and use no water after
application till late in day.

do it last thing in morning when no one will b home till evening. this
gives the salt time to work.

of course its best to just replace the likely terracota line with
plastic. but the expense can be a killer.

the most likely root clog time is early spring just before trees leaf
out.

this is conveniently when rock salt is a winter close out item..- Hide quoted text -

I'm glad that salt has worked for you, but it's not the be-all and end-
all of root treatment.

I do essentially the same thing as you do, except that I put the salt/
sal****er in my basement shower stall which is right next to the last
cleanout before the drain leaves the house. I also do it before
leaving for work so no water is used all day.

It may do a good job of killing any roots on the bottom of the pipe
(since the camera showed none) but it doesn't get to the roots
entering from the top. When these roots get long enough - before
reaching the bottom of the pipe where the water runs - they can snag
debris floating on the water and eventually build up a clog.

It's been 5 weeks since my last snaking/cutting, so I'm going to use
the Root-X sometime next week.