Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default Which weld is mine?

wrote in message
On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 10:32:20 -0700, "Steve B" wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deserttraveler/

I revisited a site where I did some work 22 years ago, but thoroughly for
different reason than welding. I went out to look and see if the lock
boxes
I had put up 22 years ago were still there, and how they did. Apparently,
pretty good. They did change to Medco locks, a much better lock, but the
original welding still looked pretty darn good.

Compared, as you see, to someone who had been there after me.

Steve

I wish I were a good welder, I have an ice welder a Miller Syncrowave 351,
with a 350 amp water cooled tig torch, and a water cooled Spot, I do have
stick leads on it, I can do better then the one on the right in your \pic,
but
not the left, heck I have a hard enough time finding the right settings to
use
on my machine each time I try to weld with it, a nice traning session on
my
machine would be awesome, I asked a couple welding supply places, the only
answer I could get was go to a tech school, if it wasn;t forty miles away
might

Put an ad in your local paper. A weldor can come to your house and teach
you in a much shorter time than you would pick it up at trade school.

Steve