Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default The new Delta?

On 3/21/2012 3:53 PM, Jim Weisgram wrote:
[...snip...]
If I was in the market for a reasonably priced 10" cabinet saw, I certainly
wouldn't have any qualms about considering Grizzly:

http://www.grizzly.com/products/10-H...ng-Knife/G0651
http://www.grizzly.com/products/10-3...ng-Knife/G0691

If anybody here owns either of those machines, I'd certainly like to hear some
reviews. Both machines have riving knives (as does the General), and that
would be a requirement at the very top of my list.

I don't own either, but there's been a lot of chatter on Lumberjocks
and other forums about these and other saws, so do a google search.
Generally the chatter has been very favorable for the Grizzly saws,
but the same can be said for most any real cabinet saw.

I don't get exactly why the G0651 is $2125 and the G0691 is $1425. The
shipping weight on the G091 is more than the G0651, so I doubt the
price difference is heavier trunnions or anything like that.

The more expensive green model comes with a substantial out feed table.
And it has a better supported right side table. Take another look.