Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default Gold Rush

On 3/21/2012 11:08 AM, Steve B wrote:
id wrote

There may not be an IRS man, but these prospectors need to turn this
gold into a check, so the IRS may get some clue later.

No, you go to a gold convention, held just like gun shows all around the
country, and sell it for cash.

I greatly prefer dealing with used industrial surplus though, it
offers the same feeling of rush and fun. At least comparable, if not
better money, sleeping in a warm bed, and much safer also.

I am reluctant to go to Nome on this venture. Even if I don't get in the
water (and there's no chance of that), it's going to be cold enough just
getting around day to day. I hate the cold, particularly when there is any
precipitation mixed in with it.

Steve

It's really quite nice during the day.
Interesting place.
Interesting people.
And, in your case, and interesting job.
I'd say go for it!

But don't hang around for night.
It get' pretty seriously cold (and Dark!) then.