Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default OT Is the George Plimpton who posts here an artificial intelligencebot?

On 3/20/2012 3:23 PM, jk wrote:
wrote:

So then our resident pimp does the same thing he accuses me of. Someone
as awesome as you should be able to show the exact dozen posts where I
made my supposed mistake. Not 11 not 13 but exactly one dozen posts.
That's what you said. You show the "dozen" posts okay?

That isn't what he said.

He said "over a dozen" which would require 13+ posts to prove,
not exactly 12.

He mentioned a dozen several times. The point is the ridiculous way he
acts over every little thing I do applies to him too. Whatever he said a
dozen or over a dozen requires that he show exactly that if not he's
wrong the same way he says I am. Do you think he read all my posts and
counted them before he said that? So he knows exactly how many time I
said him instead of her? You know he was just guessing. In other words
he did what he accuses me of. The difference is it doesn't matter
"exactly" what he said as long as it was close. But he expects it to be
perfect if it comes from me so I'm only asking for him to be perfect too.

If you are going to TRY to hoist him by his own petard, at LEAST get
it right.

Why does it matter? He didn't get it right either. He said a dozen on
several occasions. So it has to be exactly 12 or he's wrong.

Then if it isn't
exactly one dozen then you have made a huge error like you accuse me of
and it means you are also guilty of slovenliness and sloppiness.

Only a **** would act like that.

Your elderly infirm mother must be so proud of you.

You have no idea.

I perused it. So **** yourself. I looked at the thing in the library.
You haven't. It's an expose of a crooked politician.

By a crooked lawyer.

See, he's calling the author a crooked lawyer. But when I say Dole was
crooked and have a book that also says so it's wrong? How can that be?
Dole was in the senate for 27 years. He had a reputation. Do you know
what kind it was? I'm sure you don't just as I'm sure that Mr. Pimp
doesn't either. Conversely, I have heard about Dole and his interest in
getting rich for many years.

Most people would
know that from the title. You have to be a moron not to.

The problem is you're so damn dumb you think I'm like you and that the
only thing I know about Bob Dole is from one book I've only looked at
very casually. The truth is I know all kinds of things about Bob Dole
from when he was in the senate. I have heard from numerous sources that
Dole was out to get rich and he did just that by using his political
connections and his office. It's clear your knowledge about Dole is
miniscule. If you don't even know of his reputation in congress as
someone who can be bought then you don't know the first thing about him.

He's an ex-senator. Calling him "Senator" is a term of respect. He isn't
a senator, and hasn't been for over a 15 years.

Now we're getting into your domain, trivial and insignificant. He's a
senator for as long as he lives. But he's not currently a member of the
senate. So is he a senator? Some say yes. Some disagree. It's a really
minor point. No wonder it is of such interest to you.

If it is so minor why argue it.

Because that is what he's been doing every day. Making a big deal out of
the most trivial points. He's trying to imply that if you make errors on
trivial or insignificant things then that somehow invalidates everything
else you say. It doesn't work that way. Trivial means it is not
important. Is it important whether a senator is a senator for as long as
he lives or just while in office? No to me. But then I don't think
saying Elizabeth Dole is one of the 50 richest senators is any different
than saying Bob is too. To him that's of major importance. So that's the
game we're playing.

Yes I do. You are just so ill informed that you thing that only thing I
have ever heard about Dole being venal is from one book. The problem
with that is I had heard things about Dole for years.

Doesn't make them true or false just because you heard them.

Right, and just because Rob Blagovich went to jail for corruption that
doesn't mean he did anything wrong. That makes as much sense as your
statement. I've been a political junky since 1970 at least. Just the way
I have heard lots of things about John McCain over the years the same is
true for Dole. If you pay attention you pick things up. Politicians get
reputations for how they act in office. Dole had a reputation for using
his connections to get ahead financially. Someone actually wrote a book
about it as well. It was not news to me that Dole profited handsomely
from being a senator because that is what he was always trying to do. In
this case he got to be a millionaire during his time in office. He made
lots of money afterwords too but I have seen reports of him making a lot
of money on the side while he was in the senate. I'm not going to bother
researching it to give some numbnuts twerp a cite for that. You can take
it or leave it as you will. No one is stopping anyone from making the
effort to prove me wrong. If anyone can prove otherwise I will be happy
to accept it but my information is that Dole made plenty "while" in the
senate and not from his salary.

Hawke