Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lieutenant Scott Lieutenant Scott is offline

Default destroying data CDs? (was: paper shredder repair?)

On Wed, 07 Mar 2012 22:41:07 -0000, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article ,
Adam Funk writes:
On a related note, is there a good & easy way to destroy data CDs?
The shredders I've come across with CD slots just scratch the surfaces
up a bit rather than break them into bits.

I had a large pile, and didn't like the idea of feeding them
all through the microwave, in case it damaged it.

Does anyone know if you can bust a microwave if there is nothing (or not much to absorb like water) in it? Will it overheat as there's several hundred watts of microwaves with nowhere to go but the dummy load in the magnetron?

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Q. What's hairy on the outside, wet on the inside, begins with a "C" and ends with a "T"?
A. A coconut.