Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default The new Delta?

Lee Michaels wrote:

"Swingman" wrote

As much as I despise the lawyer Gass, I'd spring for his saw before
I'd ever buy another Delta product, "Made(with Chinese parts) in USA,
or not.

At least he offers a quality product.

There was a time when tools were built by craftsman for craftsman. You
did not make junk. I may be old school, but I have always appreciated a
quality product. Apparently those kinds of things are not covered in MBA
school.

I was recently taken on a guided-tour of a parts-producing metal-working
(machining) factory. I was struck by the low ratio of people per square
foot. In many cases, the work being machined was hidden, at least
visually, from the machine operator (singular) during the process.
Almost everything, excepting some quality control, was automated (by
CNC). I guess this reflects our changing times. Engineering has largely
made many craftsmen obsolete (?), at least from
the viewpoint of today's modern industry.

Bill