Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default The new Delta?

On 3/21/2012 10:50 AM, Max wrote:

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message
b.com...

"Swingman" wrote

As much as I despise the lawyer Gass, I'd spring for his saw before
I'd ever buy another Delta product, "Made(with Chinese parts) in USA,
or not.

At least he offers a quality product.

There was a time when tools were built by craftsman for craftsman. You
did not make junk. I may be old school, but I have always appreciated
a quality product. Apparently those kinds of things are not covered in
MBA school.

So, excluding the SawStop, which isn't anywhere on any of my lists, what
might be considered the "Gold Standard" now in a cabinet saw?

Max

None that you see at Rockler, Woodcraft, and or you favorite local.
IMHO you need to look at Minimax and Laguna to understand a more
nonsense approach to a machine that will again likely out last you.
There are a few less known brands. Even Laguna is starting to import
from other than Europe so if their saw is looking inexpensive look a bit
farther up their line of machines. IIRC their Platinum series is
probably from Taiwan and probably a great saw but not a "gold standard"
caliber.

I would start here,
http://www.lagunatools.com/tablesaws...aw-w-o-Scoring