Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default Gold Rush

"Ignoramus30559" wrote

There may not be an IRS man, but these prospectors need to turn this
gold into a check, so the IRS may get some clue later.

No, you go to a gold convention, held just like gun shows all around the
country, and sell it for cash.

I greatly prefer dealing with used industrial surplus though, it
offers the same feeling of rush and fun. At least comparable, if not
better money, sleeping in a warm bed, and much safer also.

I am reluctant to go to Nome on this venture. Even if I don't get in the
water (and there's no chance of that), it's going to be cold enough just
getting around day to day. I hate the cold, particularly when there is any
precipitation mixed in with it.

Steve