Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus30559 Ignoramus30559 is offline

Default Gold Rush

On 2012-03-21, Steve B wrote:

"jk" wrote

It also (according to my Alaskan friends) isn't all that unusual to
work very hard for relatively short periods in Alaska. Usually for
good pay or payback though.
jk

I had the chance to go on a trip to Alaska with the Gold Prospector's
Association of America. You basically go and work your ass off for two
weeks and took whatever was given to you.

After much investigation, which included many former members who had ponied
up big bux, and went on this two week trip, I had one stark realization:

NO ONE EXCEPT GPAA OFFICIALS WERE ALLOWED IN THE CLEANOUT.

That was the odor of a four day old opossum in the Texas sun.

If any member of the job is excluded from the cleanup, it is questionable.

What is that cleanout that you are referring to?