Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus30559 Ignoramus30559 is offline

Default Gold Rush

Steve B made me recall something.

I watched the Gold Rush series made by Discovery channel.

It was, of course, very interesting. I was shocked, though, about the
following:

1) How little money they made in the end
2) How hard they had to work
3) How much risk they had to take to make so little money.

Here, I am talking about two kinds of risk, first, financial risk, and
second, working with dangerous equipment in very iffy conditions,
being rushed, fatigued etc. I personally think that they were lucky
not to suffer any injury or worse, given how they had to work,
operator fatigue, uneven terrain etc.