Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default OT Is the George Plimpton who posts here an artificial intelligencebot?

On 3/19/2012 1:10 PM, jk wrote:
wrote:

You can't cite any, of course. Your "book" is ****. All it says is that
Dole made money. It doesn't say when.

I haven't read the book. All I have done is look it over in the library.
But it was written not by a political opponent but by someone who was on
his staff for a long time. Besides that, who would write a book called
Senator for Sale if the senator in question had not made much money from
his official connections? Obviously the writer presents evidence that
Dole at least acted unethically in how he gained a lot of money, not
just a few bucks.

So you haven't read the book, and yet you are telling us what it
"obviously" says based solely on the title????????????????
For all you know then, it could be a complete refutation of that
premise.

I have a least seen the book in person, picked it up, looked at it and
read some of it. I got enough from it to understand what it is about.
The title should tell you that. You don't understand what senator for
sale means? If I wrote a book Judge for Sale, or Cop for Sale, wouldn't
you know what they would be about? Come on. Any book with a title like
that is an accusation of someone that can be bought. So cut the crap, we
know what it means. I've looked the book over. It's about Dole being for
sale to the highest bidder. You don't believe me? All you have to do is
get the book and read it. Something tells me you don't care enough to do
that.

You are criticizing the messenger when you don't know anything about the
book.

I don't see where he is making claims on what the book says, but even
if he did, I guess if he has also seen the cover, that would put you
on equal footing.

We are not on equal footing. I've held the book in my hands and looked
at it over and read what it was about. He hasn't. He also says it's
"****". That's not a claim? It is to me. Then he says it only says Dole
made money but not when. Since the book was written in 1995 doesn't that
tell you when? If not I'll tell you. It's about what Dole did to get
money during his career as a senator, not after. Dole's career didn't
end until 1996 when he ran for president.

Hawke