Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Finished

On 3/20/2012 12:27 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 20:10:21 -0700 (PDT), Greg Guarino
wrote:

On Mar 19, 2:24 pm, Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:
On 3/19/2012 8:54 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:

Having marveled at the craftsmanship of some of the other "rec"
denizens, I feel a little sheepish "showing off" a project as relatively
simple as this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gdguari...t-721576277517...

... but hey, you have to start somewhere. Thanks for all the tips.

Nice attention to details! I build lots of doors that way.

Do you? With splines? It's funny; part of the impetus for this project
was to see if I could actually make a panel door. That had seemed like
a daunting task before. Now, less so.

Explain how you did it, Greg. What's the config for holding the panel
in and allowing for expansion. Why the small gap between the rails
and stiles?

Plywood panel, expansion is not going to be an issue. I believe the
gaps are simply chambered edges.