Posted to rec.woodworking
tiredofspam tiredofspam is offline

Default Finished

Please take these constructively. I'm sure you learned a lot during this
build.

1. Your Splines grain is going in the wrong direction. You want this to
provide extra support, so you set the grain to go 90 degrees to what you
have them.

2. Your case sides grain are going the wrong way. Your grain should go
vertical. It looks weird going horizontal.

3. prefinish your panels before glue up so that the unfinished area
doesn't show during the winter when panels shrink. Yours are ply so not
really a problem. Also glue / flux brushes are not finish brushes.

On 3/19/2012 9:54 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:
Having marveled at the craftsmanship of some of the other "rec"
denizens, I feel a little sheepish "showing off" a project as relatively
simple as this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gdguari...0027/lightbox/

... but hey, you have to start somewhere. Thanks for all the tips.

Greg Guarino