Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Haven't turned AC on in 6 years, should I have it checked out first?

On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 11:45:39 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

With the warm temps in the midwest,I am tempted to turn on my AC. Problem is I never use it, so not sure if I risk breaking something by turning it on. Should I get it serviced first?

I'd check to be sure the condenser is clean of debris and bird nest
and see if the fan spins. Inside, if you are using the same ducts for
heat, you won't be breathing anything different. If not, just check
what you can to see if they are clean. Then hit the "start" button.