Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Is the George Plimpton who posts here an artificial intelligencebot?

On 3/19/2012 1:10 PM, jk wrote:
wrote:

You can't cite any, of course. Your "book" is ****. All it says is that
Dole made money. It doesn't say when.

I haven't read the book. All I have done is look it over in the library.
But it was written not by a political opponent but by someone who was on
his staff for a long time. Besides that, who would write a book called
Senator for Sale if the senator in question had not made much money from
his official connections? Obviously the writer presents evidence that
Dole at least acted unethically in how he gained a lot of money, not
just a few bucks.

So you haven't read the book, and yet you are telling us what it
"obviously" says based solely on the title????????????????
For all you know then, it could be a complete refutation of that
premise.

Even taking the highly politicized, deeply biased title at face value,
it *still* doesn't say what Hawke-Ptooey claims to know: that Dole made
his fortune while sitting in the Senate by extorting money from anyone.

You are criticizing the messenger when you don't know anything about the
book.

I don't see where he is making claims on what the book says, but even
if he did, I guess if he has also seen the cover, that would put you
on equal footing.

You also don't seem to know it was written in 1995. So all the
accusations of Dole milking the system for his advantage took place when
he was a senator, so by reading it you would know when and how he made
that money.

jk