Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How much are you really paying for electricity?

On Mar 17, 4:10*pm, George wrote:
On 3/16/2012 11:07 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 11:34:49 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
*wrote:

Tell that to the crew that is replacing a half dozen or so poles in my
neighborhood.

I've got 2 ploes in front of my house right now...new and old. Next
week they'll be transferring the wires.

I hop you don't have the same crew that did the pole in front of my
house. *They came out and measure, marked and had all sort of painted
line and arrows. *Then they proceeded to drill right into my sewer
line. *Planted the pole and left. *It was only a portion of the line
so I had some flow and it took weeks for the backup to happen.

Did they repair it? *No, I had to have it done and put in a claim for
the $3500 job.

The new thing now to be very aware of is that some of the "new,
reinvented" companies collect information (probably from accident
reports) and send a bill claiming you damaged their equipment. I know
two very sensible people who got such bills. One slid into a curb in an
ice storm and another was pushed into a guard rail.

Nothing new about that. The electric utility here has
been charging as long back as I can remember for
damage to their equipment. You take out a pole with
your car, you pay. You drive into my house or car and you also pay.
How should it work in your universe?