Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PrecisionmachinisT PrecisionmachinisT is offline

Default Hilsch Tubes Revisited

"John B." wrote in message ...
On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 20:10:00 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

John B. fired this volley in
m:

By the way, machining all those tiny gecko feet is going to be a
bitch.
--

Been done... but machined by electron beams.

They're using the materials for experimental applications, but I know of no
practical ones, yet.

LLoyd

Over here they sell some stuff called "Tokay feet". I believe y'all
call it velcro :-)

"Tokay" (I believe they may be called "Tokay Geckos by foreigners) are
about 12 inches long, walk up walls, and eat other lizards, small
birds, etc., as opposed to the smaller geckos that eat bugs.

Probably excellent smoked, or slow-roasted on a spit....