Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hilsch Tubes Revisited

On 2012-03-17, Ed Huntress wrote:
On 16 Mar 2012 23:58:35 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"

On 2012-03-16, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Fri, 16 Mar 2012 18:15:18 +0700, John B.
wrote:

[ ... ]

Well, the air pressure theory was disproved. The last I read they were
theorizing about inter molecular adhesion and wondering about how to
prove it :-)

Would that not be "cohesion", not "adhesion" since it is between
two pieces of the same metal?

\
I don't remember. It's Friday night, and I've about done thinking for
the week. d8-)

:-)

BTW I've never had a chance to try this, but do steel and
carbide and ceramic gauge blocks all wring together cross-species? (All
I have are steel ones.) If so, then we can eliminate cohesion as a
requirement. :-)

Yes, they will all wring together. I've done it. I ran a photo of a
mixed stack in _Machine Shop Guide_ many years ago.

O.K. That eliminates the need for cohesion, but adhesion is
still a possibility.

Thanks,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564