Dave Plowman

Default Light for small space - battery driven??

In article ,
chris French wrote:
Battery operated bulbs/fluorescents are fine, but the batteries don't
last that long really. (though I guess you could hide larger capacity
batteries)

I would suggest investigating the bright 'white' LEDS that are now
available. These have improved in leaps and bounds recently and are now
being used in things like head torches and cycle lights.

LEDs aren't as efficient as fluorescents everything being equal. They
achieve longer life on bikes by pulsing them - as unlike most other light
sources they have the same 'start' current as running.
And, of course, a fluorescent wouldn't be suitable for a bike due to the
size and type of light - you need a bright point source for visibility
rather than a large softer light which is better for illuminating
something.

--
*I'm planning to be spontaneous tomorrow *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn