Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lieutenant Scott Lieutenant Scott is offline

Default Reversed flow and return to radiator

On Thu, 15 Mar 2012 14:50:44 -0000, Lobster wrote:

On 15/03/2012 09:39, Lieutenant Scott wrote:

Is there a way to stop a radiator going bang bang bang (well quieter
than a bang) when it heats up?

Probably due to movement against its mounts as it heats up and expands.
The mounts should normally have little u-shaped bits of plastic fitted
to support the radiator, to prevent metal-metal contact and enable the
rad to slide freely and noiselessly as it expands.

The new radiator which came with brackets had no such plastic, and I don't think any of the existing ones do either. I think I'll just put up with it instead of trying to lift it off to insert the plastics and damaging the 8mm pipes. It only makes about 10-15 clonks about 1 a second.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Keyboard error - press any key to continue...