Paul Kierstead

Default Ok, so how much more do I need to get started making real wood projects

In article ,
Morris Dovey wrote:

I think I remember guesstimating that the cost was just a tad
under US$3/clamp. (The expensive components were the four 45-cent
knobs!)

Yup, that is definitely cheaper!

The 1/4-20 threaded rod is available inexpensively in hardware
stores and lumber yards in 6' or 8' lengths. My local hardware
store has 1/4-20 threaded sleeves for joining rod sections.

I had only looked at the shorter lengths, where the prices wasn't all
that great. Much longer ones are probably only marginally more.

Thanks for all the additional info, very useful.

B'sides, I used up all those little pieces of one-by that I
hadn't been able to figure out what to do with! (-:

Funny, I have been burning mine...maybe there is a use for them after
all.