Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Chris Bartram[_2_] Chris Bartram[_2_] is offline

Default OT Grumpy old man. Moan mutter grumble ...

On 14/03/2012 02:03, Arfa Daily wrote:

It's actually not that difficult to get them in
wrong when you are working in a space that just about allows you to get
two fingers in. The metal retaining clip can be hard to get back on
under those conditions in the first place, and it only takes a little
more force to get it to clip at least on one side, over a wrongly fitted
bulb. I managed to do it on my son's car, but realised that I was only
able to get one side on easily, and it didn't 'feel' right. I can see
how kids without any experience, would give up with just one side
latched, if the bulb appeared to be holding in there, and would figure
that they must have got it right if it lit up ...

Arfa

Yep, I've done it. It's surprisingly easy to get the bulb in upside
down, and also easy to break the damned retaining clip, when you can't
see how it undoes. If you're very ham-fisted about it, a replacement
lamp unit is your prize for ****ing it up :-/.