Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ecnerwal[_3_] Ecnerwal[_3_] is offline

Default Hilsch Tubes Revisited

In article ,
Winston wrote:

I'd consider a long coil of mini copper tubing inside
an ice - filled cooler before I'd consider a Hilsch tube.

Or park the copper (or aluminum) tubing inside a mini (or larger) fridge
(or chest freezer, I suppose - depends on what you have handy and space
available) - enter the fridge section, and exit after a bunch in the
freezer section. Drain-leg in the fride section would help with
condensation. Quieter and far less power used than with the vortex tube.
If it comes out of the freezer at 0F under pressure, it should be quite
chilly by the time it expands at the nozzle.