Paul Kierstead

Default Ok, so how much more do I need to get started making real wood projects

In article ,
Morris Dovey wrote:

I had the camera in my hand today and decided I could/should do a
show-n-tell. There's a description and a couple of pictures of a
drawer/box clamp at http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/drawer_clamp.html

I needed clamps to glue up batches of three dozen drawers at a
time; and I just couldn't see spending what it would take to buy
enough clamps to do the job. These worked quite well; and the
price was right (-:

Slick, very slick. Good idea. But, is it really cheaper the ultra cheap
bar clamps? LV has the super cheap "Cabinetmaker's Light-Duty FA Clamps"
for US$7.40, $5.90 in quantities of 10 or more. These are real light
duty, but I imagine about the same as yours. OTOH, the pleasure of using
some slick clamps that you built yourself cannot be underestimated...