J.

Default Home network computer/tv/sat/fm/telephone

Still trying to get my head around all this cabling stuff...

IF I run 1 wire to each room from my loft (eh.. sorry dustribution point )
using CT100 will this enable me to watch my DVD/sat in each room. I suppose
I would need to run cable from the DVD/sat in the living room to the loft
also. If this sounds correct what devices would I need to do this??

Ta.

J.

"Dave" wrote in message
Our house is being refurbished at the moment so I thought it would be a

good
idea to put in some cabling and outlets for computer/tv/sat/fm/telephone
whilst everythings opened up. Planning to use the understairs cupboard as
the nerve centre (broadband router will be shoved in here- draytek2600)

and
will use the MK Logic Plus range thoughtout so the new outlets match the
existing electrical sockets/switches.

How many network cables (CAT5e STP) would it be advisable to run to each
room in the house?

Would like data and telephone connections in most rooms. Not sure whether

use RJ45 data sockets throughout or to use these and separate BT telephone
sockets. What would you recommend? I know you can use the data network

and
RJ45 sockets for the phone but how do you go about setting this up?

With regards to tv/sat/fm, planning to put a 'loftbox' in the understairs
cupboard with a couple of CT100 cables running to the lounge and a single
CT100 cable runing o each bedroom. In the lounge I would have a tv/sat/fm
triplexer with additional tv and tel connections (MK part K3563 WHI) and

the
bedooms I would have tv/fm diplexers. Would this meet my requirement to

have
tv/sat/fm in each room? (I do understand that with this setup I would be
restricted to viewing the same sat channel in each room)

Finally...

How close can the CAT5e STP, CT100 and mains cable be to one another?
(Thinking of interference here)

Thanks in advance for any help/advice given.

Dave.