Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hilsch Tubes Revisited

. 3.70...
Bob La Londe fired this volley in
news:b589d4bf-
:

It could be design (pocket vs jet) or some other
factor like the material its made out of.

I think its the concentricity and smoothness of the bore. The gas has got
to get up to almost unimaginable rotations per minute inside there for the
differential to be very high. Any minor defect in the walls, or any out-
of-round condition would disturb the flow.

That's a condition I had not considered. It makes sense though.

I still wonder if the cam lobe shaped pocket vs the multiple angled jets has
a substantial difference. Most of the DIYers are using the multiple angled
jets method. Like I said. I can make either one. If I had more time to
play I might make both and set them up to used on the same hot and cold
tubes and compare. I don't have that kind of spare time right now though.