Morris Dovey

Default Ok, so how much more do I need to get started making real woodprojects

Bob Davis wrote:

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message

One of those things that you can do is... build more tools.
You write that "Gluing requires clamps, maybe expensive
cabinet clamps." Perhaps; but probably not. In many
situations you can build the clamps you need from scraps and
some inexpensive threaded rod from your local hardware
store.

I had the camera in my hand today and decided I could/should do a
show-n-tell. There's a description and a couple of pictures of a
drawer/box clamp at http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/drawer_clamp.html

I needed clamps to glue up batches of three dozen drawers at a
time; and I just couldn't see spending what it would take to buy
enough clamps to do the job. These worked quite well; and the
price was right (-:

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA