Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default OT Grumpy old man. Moan mutter grumble ...

On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 02:37:43 -0000, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

So do you get the same problems over there now ? Is it similarly illegal
(some states, all states ??) and are you likely to get pulled for it as you
have dedicated highway police ?

Sure, we have the same problem. It's far from epidemic, but still
irritating when I get blinded by such a vehicle. However, it's NOT
being caused by the mis-installation of the bulbs by doi-it-thyself
mechanics. Most such lamp holders, that I've seen, are fairly fool
proof and immune to misalignment thanks to bayonnet type mounting.
Instead, what I've seen are vehicles that have been in accidents,
where one or both headlights have been misaligned by the collision.
I'm sure the owner knows about the problem, but without major body
work, is unable to fix the problem.

Unfortunately, I don't have any statistics or personal experience with
the current level of enforcement. I only have some experience from
the 1960's, where the weight of the tube and dynamotor radios in my
trunk, caused the rear leaf springs to flatten, thus causing the
headlights to elevate well beyond their range of adjustment. I drove
around like that for about 3 months before receiving the inevitable
fixit ticket.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D