Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lieutenant Scott Lieutenant Scott is offline

Default ATTN: Rod Speed - "soggy island"

On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 20:52:55 -0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

BartC wrote:

"Lieutenant Scott" wrote in message
newsp.wa2g8yfiytk5n5@i7-940...
On Mon, 12 Mar 2012 16:44:40 -0000, Brian Gaff
wrote:

I thought this was a troll. However I will wade in in any case. As we
have
loads of wind generators out at sea now, why not just get them
working to
make drinking water out of seawater rather than have them providing
power
when nobody needs it and not when they do, at least water can be stored
unlike electricity for the grid.

Indeed - the Middle East manage it. The UK is just disorganised.

How much does it cost per litre or per cubic metre? What about the setup
costs?

Don't let facts get in the way of a nice fantasy.

Why is it fantasy if they can do it?

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Joey's teacher sent a note home to his Mother saying, "Joey seems to be a very bright boy, but spends too much of his time thinking about sex and girls."
The Mother wrote back the next day, "If you find a solution, please advise. I have the same problem with his Father."