Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default OT Apprentices must really like bollockings

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:
Sam Plusnet wrote:
In article ,
says...
Sam Plusnet wrote:
In article ,
says...
charles wrote:
In article ,
ARWadsworth wrote:
Just about to set off in the van.
Me "Put your seatbelt on please"
Apprentice "It's me that gets the fine, not you, you
can't make me"
Enough said.
Not true. The driver is resoponsible for teh front seat
passenger - those in the back seats are responsible for
themselves.
That is complete rubbish.
It's also the law.

see
http://www.lawontheweb.co.uk/Road_Tr...Law/Seat_Belts

Front seat passenger - driver's responsibility.
Rear seat (adult) passenger - passenger's responsibility.

It's different if the passenger is a child for obvious
reasons.
You have just posted a link that contradicts your statement.
Anyone over 14 is responsible for wearing their own seat belt.
It does not matter if they are sat in the front or back seats.
Look again at the "Who is responsible" column.

In every case it is the driver who is responsible.
The one exception is for an adult rear seat passenger - there the
passenger is responsible.

You are either a thick **** or you suffer from dyslexia (and that
is not an easy word to spell).

Well I cannot see how you can disagree with what he says because that
is precisely what the site says.

Driver always responsible except for adult rear seat passengers

You are either a thick **** or you suffer from dyslexia (and that is
not an easy word to spell).

I cant say that is the current law, but that is what that site says

It looks like only I and Andy Burns can read then.

--
Adam