IMM

Default Immitation Makita's

"Noel Hegan" wrote in message
m...

Now I'm off to the B&Q
site to examine their cheapos. Speaking of which there is a chop saw
in the Argos site for £15. It has a more powerful motor than the one
I'm using at work which is ace for anything up to 4x3 -I think. I
wonder what those will cut.

Today I was talking a man who very recently was a manager in a B&Q
Warehouse. I asked him about the PP Pro range, which appears good value

and
decently made. He said he said many of the drill are made by Roybi, a

very
good make, and all PP Pro machines are made by good makers, that is why

they
have the confidence to give a guarantee of 3 years. I asked about

returns
because of failure of any description (not because Daddy didn't want one

for
his birthday), and he said no less than Bosch and the likes. They will
honour the guarantee if a journeyman professional uses it, but not for
continuous site work, or any work on a site or industrial installation.

He
said in most cases no one asks, unless the machine clearly has been

abused.

Since when has Ryobi been "a very good make"???

Since when have they not?

Unless you mean a good make for the price and origin (PRC)?

Could be.

IMHO Ryobi are way down the scale, certainly near the bottom.

They are no NuTools that is for sure, and I rate them above B&D.

Very good makes are Makita, Panasonic, Festool, Metabo etc.
When the Ryobi factories are churning out millions of tools per year
for a cost of less than $10 US per unit, it's not hard to give a 3
year warranty.

Toyota churn out cars by the millions and yet can keep quality up above Merc
and BMW. Quantity does not mean poor quality.

---