Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair

Default OT? Brazing Stainless Steel?

On 3/11/12 7:51 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
I've got a 15mm SS nut and I want to braze a (SS?) hex wrench to
it so I'll have a hand-friendly mega-wing nut.

But I don't weld. All I've got is one of those itty-bitty MAPP
gas torches, some bronze and silver brazing rods, and some
brazing flux for each.

Is there any hope of getting a decent bond that way?

Intended use is on the water - so I'd rather not determine
whether it will drop off or not experimentally.... -)

I'll crosspost this to a home repair group. There might be
someone who can answer that there. I do a little welding but
not professionally.