Patrick Olguin

Default Dangerous Strippers in shop

(Chris) wrote in message . com...
Time for a good LOL

Thanks Chris. Way better than the usual gay porn we get here... not
that there's anything *wrong* with that.

OBWW - I joined the ranks of the Bailey-Plane-Mouth-Filing Society
this past weekend, while attempting to get my Hock A2 (thanks Ron,
awesome blade as usual) to work in my type 11 #6 (pretty much the
nicest Bailey-pattern fore plane a fella can have/use, Jeff) that I
got offa Keeter Bohn a few years ago (thanks Keith, easily the
purdiest bench plane I have). It's amazing just how quickly cast iron
is removed by a good, fresh ******* file. The A2 iron was worth the
minor fettling of the plane. Sharpening the iron from Ron's Factory
grind took all of five minutes with my stack of silicon (not silicone,
no strippers allowed in my shop... especially not now) carbide paper.

I don't think I've seen a fore plane with quite such a tight mouth. I
used it to face up the 4/4 cherry (fine American cabinet wood, Jeff)
I'm using for a bit of crown moulding. The iron lasts and lasts.
Facing-up even a surfaced board is generally hard on plane blades, as
there's usually a bit of dirt and grit on the surface. No sweat for
the A2 iron. It easily swept through a couple of square feet, leaving
a shimmering surface and lots of one-side-only curlies.

Thanks again for the stripper story, Chris.

O'Deen