Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Roadkill question

On Fri, 9 Mar 2012 23:28:49 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Doug Miller wrote:
Swingman wrote in news:d-
:

Judging from the smell, real honest to bueno,
cooked-fresh-in-rural-Mexico, Menudo is indeed made from overripe
roadkill ... at least that is exactly what it smells like on the way
past your nose to your lips.

That said, if you can ever get it past those lips ...

And that, my friend, is exactly the reason that God put the nose
right above the mouth.

Thankfully - a voice of reason...

Yo no quiero menudo, gracias.

But the "nose above the mouth" statement reminds me of an engineer
joke:

--snip--
Several engineers are standing around one day trying
to decide what type of engineer must have designed
the human body. (All right, for the purpose of the joke
there is an assumption of some sort of higher being that
actually designed the human body...work with me people.)

The chemical engineer says "the human body was designed
by a chemical engineer. Look how the body takes in
nutrients and then turns them into energy and body
parts just by re-organizing a few chemical bonds."

The electrical enginner says "the human body was
clearly designed by an electrical engineer. Just observe
how tiny electrical impulses cause the muscles to move,
cause the person to feel, see and listen to all that is
happening around them. And finally look how a few
very tiny tiny electrical impulses can store a memory
for a lifetime, and yet bring that information back at a moments
notice. Clearly the work of a brillaint electrical engineer."

The mechanical engineer says "bahh! The human body was
designed by a mechanical engineer. Notice how the muscles and the
bones work to make the body move.
Notice how the organs work to move the food and other
nutrients around to the places where they are needed."

Finally the Civil engineer pipes up and says "you're all
wrong. The human body was designed by a civil engineer.
Who else would put a waste treatment plant right next
to a recreational facility?"
--snip--

--
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering WTF happened.