Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Roadkill question

On Fri, 9 Mar 2012 23:54:31 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 9 Mar 2012 17:13:59 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 9 Mar 2012 10:21:40 -0800 (PST), Michael
wrote:

Hypothetically, if you hit a deer while driving, would you be
tempted to take it home and butcher it?

No, and I love venison. But the people who hit deer usually butcher
them in the woods, while it's fresh and uncontaminated by feces.
Urban neighbors and trash men seem to have a thing about antlers
and rotting guts in the trashcans, too. Plus, it's illegal in some
states to harvest it without a hunting license, so you could be
fined.

We field dress them in the woods - not butcher them. Then we drag
them through everything on the ground, to get them home to wash them
and butcher them. Mine do get washed very well once they get home,
and actually, they don't get dragged very far these days. I have
technology to make that job easier.

Not illegal to take roadkill in any state, unless it's something
like an eagle. Roadkill is not hunting and that is what is
goverened by states.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roadkill_cuisine
Read it and weep, bubba.

Your point bubba?

See "Wisconsin".

--
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering WTF happened.