Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_2_] John Grossbohlin[_2_] is offline

Default Roadkill question

"Michael" wrote in message
Hypothetically, if you hit a deer while driving, would you be tempted to
take it home and butcher it?

I think more than anything the decision would be made based on whether or
not there was time, how I was dressed, if the vehicle were drivable, and if
you can even find the deer. I hit one one time with a VW bug and the deer
went over the roof after caving in the hood and right fender. Never did find
it... needed help pulling the fender out of the tire too.

Other it depends issues... if it was a solid body hit forget it... exploded
guts and "bruised" meat aren't worth the effort nor the nasty experience. On
the other hand, if it isn't hit too bad the back straps and hind quarters
can be taken out quickly without having to get into the guts.

It depends... and the coyotes, vultures and crows have to eat too.