Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Problem with cigarette smoke

On Thu, 08 Mar 2012 12:25:53 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 3/8/2012 12:10 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Wed, 07 Mar 2012 22:26:13 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 3/7/2012 12:08 PM,
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Wed, 07 Mar 2012 10:30:58 -0500, Steven Bornfeld
wrote:

On 3/6/2012 11:45 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Quit before you get to tooth brush sharing.

Comedy aside, that's a good list to check.

Comedy back on. Steve, ask the people next door to light a couple dozen
smoke bombs, so you can see where it's coming through. They won't mind.

Actually, if I knew the guy a little better I might even ask this.
It's nutty enough that it might actually work.

Light a few smoke bombs in your unit and when the neighbor comes running over,
screaming, go see where the problems are. ;-)

Believe it or not, smoke bombs are sold at most HVAC supply houses.
Whenever I use one to check anything for air leaks, I always call the
fire department first and talk to a boss and see if he wants to have
a fire marshal on hand. There are times when it's advisable to contact
the 911 service through the non-emergency number and talk with a
supervisor before causing a public panic and something as simple as
notifying the neighbors is advisable to keep from freaking them out.

Killjoy.

Heck, I had a little old lady across the street from a customer call
the police when I was doing a compressor swap. Of course I had the new
compressor in a box along with all the tools which is something a copper
thief will not have. I thanked the officer for looking out for
my customer and there was no problem. He even talked to the little old
lady neighbor and told her everything was OK. ^_^

So, how much did you get for the engine?

What did I get for the engine? It would strike me as odd except I had a
customer from Lebanon who called the compressors at his restaurant,
engines. ^_^

Come on, don't tell us you were just stealing the compressor.