Posted to alt.home.repair
Steven Bornfeld[_2_] Steven Bornfeld[_2_] is offline

Default Problem with cigarette smoke

On 3/8/2012 4:18 AM, Caesar Romano wrote:
On Wed, 07 Mar 2012 07:29:01 -0500,
wrote Re Problem with cigarette smoke:

Entirely possible by the OP's description....being "very upset" at a
faint odor of smoke leans toward obsession. I smell smoke most of the
time, in the evening....neighborhood fireplace?....nobody else here can
smell it. I understand folks who hate cig. smoke, but why not the same
obsession about fireplaces, wood stoves and indust. pollution? Wood
burning gives off more carcinogens than 2nd hand cig. smoke.

Indeed. And they live in Brooklyn New York City. Have you ever been
in Brooklyn? The entire borough smells worse than cigarette smoke.

Not anymore. When I was in high school when I left the subway in Fort
Greene there was the combined odor of a nearby slaughterhouse mixed with
a nearby electrical plant, which I believe was still coal-fired.
There isn't much industry here anymore, and unless you're on the BQE
most areas are OK.

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS